Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ben Schmidt - Australia

benschmidt_profilepiclarge
Send Ben an email
HOLD THIS LINK

Ben Schmidt
Department
Northern Territory Fire and Rescue Service

Marital Status/Family Details
Married to Libby. 1 daughter Bailey who turned 18 months old at Christmas

Nickname/s
None printable but currently Forrest (as in Gump . . the whole run across America thing)

Sporting Achievement Most Proud Of
Coaches Award Under 8’s Football; Equal 2nd place – egg and spoon race Grade 3 (I was robbed); an Ironman triathlon finisher; and soon to have run across America with soon to be great mates.

What motivates you?
A challenge and when people say I can’t. This run motivates me differently though. It’s not the run itself but what it represents. It’s an unusual feeling – proud and privileged

Favorite Food
Bangers and mash – it’s the simple things

Most Annoying Habit
I sometimes repeat myself. I sometimes repeat myself

Favorite Movie
Currently Avatar – 3D.

Who would you most like to meet in Australia? Why?
Can’t go past Obama and Lance Armstrong. I’d like to hear what makes them tick

Sporting Interests/Background?
Running, umpiring AFL football (in the NT), triathlons, fly fishing

Who is going to spend the most time wearing the Tiara and ballerina’s tutu for being the biggest princess during the run?
Foxy has that covered

Who will “snap” first?
I don’t know about who, but if I was betting on something snapping first I’d have money down on Lionel’s left calf!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment